Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Girl (not) on a Bicycle

So the Coal Cracker Classic is in 11 days.

I don't have a bicycle.

I could get a bicycle.

When Tom is at work I steal his new bicycle and ride it around the neighborhood. (imissridingsinglespeed).

When I'm on that bike, I know I can do it. I can compete in this race.

When I realize how close the race is and how ill-equipped I am, that's when I doubt myself.

I don't question my athletic ability, it's more so if I can get over my social anxieties of being in a large crowds.

When I made my declaration to do this race I didn't know what was ahead of me.

While a lot has happened, I still want to race. I just wish I had a bike that I could've been riding all summer.

We'll see. If I end up not participating, I will be the most disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment