Saturday, July 23, 2011

Adventures in Allentown

I haven't had much time to write as I've been busy adventuring and working in grand ol' Allentown. After I said my goodbyes, I had to figure out how to pack my car. I only brought things I thought I would need. I think I did alright.

Gardens are a necessity in my book.

Then I headed to Harrisburg to pick up my friend Amy. We hadn't seen each other for more than two years and it was a merry reunion. Amy was coming with me so that she could attend a friendly beach trip later in the week.

That's my Girl!

Now that we stuffed ourselves in the car we were ready for our journey back to Allentown.

SO MUCH STUFF.

We were lodging at the lovable James' house and made a nice night trip to a diner. Actually, we went to lots of diners in the past 2 weeks.

NOTABLES; beard, smirk, cake, See Jane Ride Gear!

Our next adventure consisted of swimming, as the temperatures were HOT HOT HOT. I tagged along with Amy and Andrew, and headed to Glen Onoko to play in some waterfalls and the Lehigh River.

Watching out for rafters and rapids.

When Sunday rolled around my group of friends set out for Seaside Heights, NJ. We had a fun day of hi-jinks, sand, some alcohol and an overall good time.

Pretty sure this is my first Photobomb.

Balconies = Pimping

We went out to The Garfield Hotel and had a nice dance party to a cute little acoustic act.

Amy and Andrew invented dancing in 12,000,000 BC

I visited more friends upon our return to Allentown. I made sure to see Michelle and the kiddos! Because the weather was ridiculous we decided to run in the Kutztown University fountain and Meghan came too.

Smile for goodness sakes!

Ladies!
 
I also got a job at Petco and am having a good time. On my way home one day I came across this little lady and we played and played. I've been having a hard time not having critters around.

 This is Reeses.

Tom tells me that Vali and Murphy are doing well. He tried to get Vali a kiddie pool to swim in, but everywhere is sold out. Hope you're all out either adventuring, or staying cool. I started shopping for (cheaper)bikes, and am trying to help with some trail building for the Coal Cracker, however the weather is a little too much. However, the fellas did recently put up the video promoting the race.

Right around the corner! CAN'T WAIT.

My bumming around trip in Allentown has taught me a lot of things, all while having tons of fun and spending time with some really great people. I have another chapter coming up, and I'll be sure to share it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment