Saturday, June 18, 2011

Warm Weather Adventures!

Good day, readers! This post is long overdue. I've been out adventuring for quite some time, and have finally returned so that I may share my recent travels with you. The beginning of June started off with some adventures with the Janes. I can not believe it is June already as that means I've been in State College now for half of a year. I didn't want to sacrifice safety trying to take ride pictures, but here we are getting suited up for Abbey's first guided ride.

Bikes and Janes a plenty.

While it may have been a longer ride than what I'm used to, I felt very accomplished afterwards. I got to face the dreaded never-ending incline of Blue Course Drive, and it wasn't nearly as bad as last time. It almost felt like a completely different route. I also got the chance to talk to Carla more, and I am even more positive now that the Janes are where I should be, and that they will help me get to where I want to go.

 I had been craving rivers, and Tom and I took Vali over to Spring Creek Park to run around and explore. 
He's a natural swimmer.


Tom and Vali at the Mike Lynch Overlook.

The Janes had attempted a hike the last week in May but there were tornadoes(?!) that day, so it was cancelled. Tom and I, wanting to explore, decided to set out to the same destination of the cancelled hike on a later day and see where it took us. Mt Nittany kicked my butt that day, as I hadn't realized that there was a 600 foot elevation change all within less than half a mile. The next week the Janes went there and it was much more leisurely. Maybe because I didn't have an empty stomach this time. Everything seems easier with the Janes.

This picture is a must, as everyone has to see Carla(R) and her growly face even though we're shadows.

After some adventuring in State College, I set my sights to the motherland, and headed home to the Lehigh Valley. I had a couple amazing destinations on my list, such as Bake Oven Knob, the Rittenhouse Gap Mines, and the ZOO. My only sad report, is that I was having so much fun adventuring, that I took little time to document those adventures. I guess that makes me a good adventurer, and a terrible blogger.

I love you goats.

I went to the Lehigh Valley Zoo and saw all the animals. I arrived with less than an hour before the park closed, but managed to do my favorite thing, and that was feeding the goats. <3

Good yawn! or he's cheering for the Iron Pigs.

I also took Vali to Bark in the Park at CocaCola Park to see the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs. It was way too crowded, and on dog days the last thing you end up seeing is the actual baseball game.

Vali making friends.

Now I'm back in State College and I start a new job soon so I will have a little less time for adventures. In this kind of world, I need the money so I can't complain. I do have a lot I'm mulling over on the personal front, so I will report back shortly. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment