Friday, May 27, 2011

You Can Call Me Jane

Wednesday was my first ride with the Janes of See Jane Ride! It was definitely a rewarding and cathartic experience.

My day leading up to the ride was a very hectic one. Everything from the dog accidentally getting kicked in the face, losing a tooth, bleeding everywhere, me running late, the printer not working(I had to print my trial pass), to almost running out of gas and getting a little bit lost. In the end I made it just fine, and was pretty psyched to go on my first ride. Jane was even there waiting for me!


 Jane, You don't know how much I need this ride right now.

The amazing Dana (co-leader of the Janes) waited for me and filled me in on some safety tips. I honestly don't know much about road or group rides, so now I do. As you may remember I am lacking a bike right now, so I was set-up with an awesome 2010 Cannondale Quick; part of the Jane's fleet.

I was looking forward to talking and chatting, and even hamming it up. I have a habit of coming off as anti-social because people mistake my shyness as disinterest, so to make up for it I try to be over-the-top nice. It turns out that instead of being a chatty Cathy(or should I say Jane?) I decided to sit back and take it all in. It couldn't have been a more perfect day.

 Happy little farms.

It felt so nice  to just let go. I had been waiting to get out there, especially not having a job lately. I'm turning into a complete lump. Thanks Jane for kicking my butt. The mileage wasn't bad, something like 5 or 6? I have a feeling road riding miles will not intimidate me much anymore, especially if they continue to be as nicely paced as this loop. A couple hills along the way - nothing too scary. In fact they were very rewarding.

Happy little hills.
 
I would have liked to get to know the Janes more, as I did meet a couple, but feel like the opportunity will arise soon enough. I did meet another leader of the Janes, Carla, and got to introduce myself to others that I know I will see again. You should check out the Janes either at See Jane Ride or on facebook, and they also write about our adventures here!

Have a goodnight Mr. Sun!

The ride was very easy going. Perfect weather; perfect day. Without getting too personal, I have a very strong spiritual/religious connection with the wind. A certain someone was with me there that day. I find that Nature's greatest gift is some wind through your hair. I couldn't have been happier.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Can't wait to ride with you. See you soon. :)

    Encouragingly,

    Jane

    ReplyDelete