Tuesday, May 3, 2011

An Ode to Threadless and Bicycles

I'm in the worst mood lately, so consider this entry for good measure. I have been making progress with biking and exploring new things, however I've been going through some personal issues lately and am having a hard time gathering my thoughts. 

The first 6 shirts can be found at Threadless. IF you've been living under a rock, or just aren't into t-shirts, Threadless is a lovely clothing company that let's artists contribute original designs, and let their customers vote on ones they want to be made into shirts.

 Liberty by
Kneil Melicano at Threadless

I'm not all about wearing bike shirts, just to say "HEY EVERYONE! Yeah I ride a BIKE!" But most of the ones I own are ones that I really like the art concept. I bought this one because I really like the symbolism of the phoenix.


Missing by Julian Glander at Threadless

This one I bought after Tom had his Bontrager stolen out of the back of his car. It's a sad sad thing when a bike gets stolen. I feel like this is the general thought that anyone would have towards a bike thief. Tom's a good guy though, and thought, that if some jerks stole it and tried to sell it, then maybe someone somewhere bought it and enjoys riding it. If YOU have ever had a bike stolen from you, check out the I Hate You Bike Thief blog/website. There are posters you can print to tell your local bike thief that he/she's a jerk face and reader stories that are HILARIOUS.

Have A Nice Day by Chalermphol Harnchakkham at threadless

I never bought this one, but think that it's really beautiful. I love nature, and I love bikes - the bird on the handlebars is a nice touch.

Bike Chaos by Fabio Franca at Threadless

I love this one. I wanted to buy it for Tom but he tends to like smaller simpler designs. I like it though =)

Color Wheel by Ross Zietz at Threadless

This one they just recently put up, I think it's pretty cool, maybe for some of you art majors out there.


Infinity MPG by Ross Zietz Threadless

This is Threadless' most popular bike design. I decided to show the tote bag, because if I ever do end up getting it, I'd get it on a bag or a water bottle, rather than the shirt.


Another one of my favorite shirts that I'll probably be wearing a lot this summer is this one

It's JANE! from See Jane Ride! (no, not the model, on the shirt!)

They also have a slamming shirt-dress that I want to get. Look look look at it!

These and other merch can be found HERE. I'd recommend it especially if you're an active sassy lady and of course if you love See Jane Ride.

Well hopefully blog, this will hold you over for now. Coming up soon -

-My personal beliefs regarding motion and why everything in my life needs to constantly be moving, and how biking fits into that.
- My progress so far, and things I feel better about, like evil hills.
-Ride soundtracks. I don't know if there's some rule that it's unsafe to listen to music while on a bike, (not being able to hear things around you) but I always have my ipod with me, and I'd like to share the tunes.
-Updates on some more adventures, Trips back to Allentown, and Vali's biking progress as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment